Send files using Dropbox
You can send large files or folders by using a file sharing service such as Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Box or similar to upload the file and share a link with us. This lets you share files or folders that are too large to send by email.
The following instructions are for Dropbox, but feel free to use another service if you wish.
What is Dropbox?
Dropbox is a service that allows you to backup and share files. You can use Dropbox to automatically backup your certificates online! They give a certain amount of storage for free and are very useful for taking backups and sharing files that are too large to be emailed.
Setting up a Dropbox account
Firstly, if you don't already have a Dropbox account then you can sign up for a free from the next link:
Install the Dropbox software
You can then download and install the Dropbox software from their website here:
Let Dropbox upload the file
Copy the file you want to share into your Dropbox folder. Dropbox will then start uploading the file to your Dropbox account.
Share a Dropbox link
Create a link to the file as follows:
Don't share with our email address
DO NOT SHARE FILES USING OUR EMAIL ADDRESS. These cannot be accessed by our help desk system.
- Find the file in your Dropbox folder.
- Right-click over the file and select "Copy Dropbox link".
- The link will be copied to your clipboard.
- Paste the link into an email to be sent back to Shine Forms Support.
- Check that the link looks something like this: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d65hdx9sf4zejhm/AAD91I3ByfK8hBczoRa?dl=0
- Send the email back to Shine Forms Support.
We can then access the file using the link you send in the email.